Friday, March 12, 2010

#3 New Food and Fun Conversation

It was my turn to plan our date night this week. I decided I would make dinner and we would try out sample questions from Table Topics (I printed off the sample questions under the 'Tabletopics cube' tab). I made these tangy grape jelly meatballs with rice and veggies and we were going to wait to eat it until our daughter went down for the night but we thought she would like them too. Turns out she did, with a little persuading on our part. So when she finally went down I made these avocado egg rolls with dipping sauce, a recipe I got on Studio 5. (Just as a side note I added about 4 TBS of crumbled bacon to the egg roll recipe.) Earlier in the day I made Butterfinger Cupcakes. My husband liked the meatballs and cupcakes but wasn't much of a fan of the egg rolls with the sauce. I sometimes forget that he isn't as big of a fan of extreme tastes as I am. He prefers subtle and mild tastes. The egg rolls were different but very good in my opinion and the sauce made them even better. So we ate our food while asking each other some silly questions. We also each made up a few questions of our own. It was a very non-stressful date and we even learned a little more about each other!

Thank you 500 babies blog for the Table Topics idea.

I know they aren't the best looking photos but the food was good and we had fun!

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

The food sounds awesome. Great date.

Anonymous said...

all the food sounded delicious to me! i'll have to try them some time. thanks for sharing!
tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

Jenn Anderson said...

Those Egg Rolls look amazing! Great job! They are good pics too!