Monday, March 1, 2010

Chile, my second home

I can't sleep tonight. I'm thinking a lot about my friends in Chile. And although I feel peace about things I can't seem to stop thinking about all the people that I love that are there and wonder if they are alright. I haven't heard from many people and I guess this is what makes me worry. A few months ago my cousin got his mission call to Chile, Concepcion. I was so excited because he would soon be in a place that I love and with people that are so wonderful. I served in Santiago but I knew a lot of people from Concepcion. All I wanted to do was tell him everything I knew about Chile and how much he would love it. Well last Sunday was his farewell talk and I couldn't help but get emotional about how everything works out and how much the Lord is mindful of all His children. Wednesday my cousin goes into the MTC in Provo to prepare but soon after he will go to a place that has been changed in so many ways by this giant earthquake. Chileans are strong and loving people but I know they've been through a pretty traumatic experience. My cousin along with other missionaries are needed there and I know were called there for a reason. I know Heavenly Father is aware of everyone's needs and loves us more than we can comprehend. Chile is truly like my second home. The people are so loving and so Christ-like and I feel so blessed to have served in such a great country. So even though I cry now and then thinking of what happened and am worried I know that wherever they are that things will be alright. The Lord is on our side and He hears us.

No comments: