Thursday, March 18, 2010

needing some advice about napping

I'm in need of some motherly advice and things that have worked for you guys: I think Noelle is transitioning in to only needing one nap a day but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I love when she takes an early afternoon nap (between 11am and 12noon) but sometimes she'll stay in her bed for a half hour or more just talking to herself before she falls asleep. She'll take a pretty good nap but then wake up and eat a very late lunch and then gets tired around 5 or 6 but by then it's too late to give her a second nap if I want her to go to bed at a decent hour. But then she's fussy because she's tired. I just want to know how to transition so I don't have an ornery girl half of the day. I would love everyone's opinion and what has worked for you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both my girls are doing exactly the same thing. I wish I had a solution for both of us.

Cassie said...

It's a hard transition at first. Hallie was 15 months so I think Noelle should be around that age. I just feed Hallie around 12:30 and put her down for a nap around 1:30, it works really well. I think when I first started with her I laid her down at one. Noelle will get use to the new schedule quickly. I figure 1:30 is about half the day between when she wakes up and goes to sleep at night. Good luck figuring it out, don't you love how often schedules change with kids! It's stressful!

Kari said...

I'd say feed her lunch and put her down around 1. If she gets tired in the evening you can always just make bed time a little earlier. Good luck!

Emily Cohoon said...

sorry i am not much help i am in the boat....every day changes for me, because he wakes up at different hours everyday. mostly though he just has a long nap in the afternoon from 1-4 and then he is good. But these last few days he has been waking up at 7 and needs a morning nap...good luck!